Mr. X has been doing fairly well at his workplace but these days he has been very stressed after hearing about the layoffs by his employer.
Well, you will be surprised to know that as per research from the University of Oxford, 35% of jobs in the UK are at risk due to advancing technology specially automation in the next two decades. On the other hand, Gartner announced that by 2020, Artificial Intelligence will lead to 2.3 Million Jobs creation and eliminate 1.8 Million existing jobs. In this article, I have tried to sum up the top five IT Jobs that are trending for their huge demand. Let’s discuss them with Mr. X to give him clarity which profession he should move in:
- AI/Machine Learning Engineer: Job of AI/Machine Learning engineer is to develop AI (artificial intelligence) machines and systems that have the ability to learn and utilize existing knowledge. AI is a technology sector that is seeing rapid growth, and will soon become a top investment for many companies. As discussed earlier, AI is projected to create 2.3 million jobs by 2020, so it is safe to assume that machine learning will remain an in-demand skill for the foreseeable future.
- Cloud Engineer: In the past, companies would typically store their data in large physical databases or even hire database firms, but today, they are turning to cloud storage as a low-cost and effective means of storing data. This is where cloud engineers come in. In years to come, cloud engineers will be in higher demand, especially as companies seek a hybrid approach to storing in the cloud as well as in-house databases. A cloud engineer is tasked with all aspects of cloud computing, including management, maintenance, design, and planning. AWS, Google, Alibaba, and Microsoft are competing against each other while making this career more lucrative.
- Cyber Security Engineer: As new technologies emerge, so do the number of security threats online. Organizations are spending more and more time hiring employees to be their line of defense when it comes to keeping their data secure. A cybersecurity engineer is employed by organizations to protect computer and networking systems from cyber-attacks and hackers.
- Software and Applications Developer: App developers are responsible for using programming languages and code to develop software that helps users all around the world to complete specific tasks that cater to their business needs. As user experience becomes an important focus for both end-users and vendors, software and app developers will be in huge demand by 2020 (and beyond).
- Data Scientists : A data scientist is responsible for digging out deeper into data and making it an asset for the organization. Today all economic, political and environmental predictions( like weather forecast) depends on data analytics. Data science is being heavily used in e-commerce platforms to study the behavior of consumers and plan marketing campaigns and advertisements accordingly.